Holy Trinity Parish Youth Ministries include:
- Sunday Formation classes
- Sunday night suppers
- Annual pilgrimages
- Church & community activities within the HTP, Episcopal, and greater Atlanta communities
The 2018 Holy Trinity Parish Youth Pilgrimage took place from June 5-10.
Youth Sunday Night Dinners
Sign up to provide the meal for HTP Youth (and friends) on Sunday (5:00) night.
- 11/18-12/16 Emmaus House Gift Drive
It’s time to collect Christmas gifts for our friends at Emmaus House! Grab an angel on your way out of church. Please drop gifts off at the table to the right of the front desk, by Sunday, December 16, at noon. Remember: don’t wrap gifts and attach your angel.
- 12/16 Last day of Sunday school until Jan 7th
- 1/19-1/21 MLK Weekend Service Project
Volunteers help provide home repairs and yard work for Decatur’s low income senior citizens to help them live safely, comfortably and affordably in their homes.
- 2/1 – 2/3 Youth Confirmation Retreat
- 2/10 Sunday Night Dinner with God & Games Night from 5-7pm in Tisdale Hall
A night of intergenerational fun for ALL ages 11 and up – Come join the youth group in some friendly competition in a variety of board games. The main course will be provided. Please bring a side to share.
- 2/15-2/17 Happening @ Camp Mikell (10th -12th graders)
Happening is a renewal weekend intended for high schoolers. Adults attend as chaperones, but teenagers lead the weekend. Twice a year, over 150 young people come together at Camp Mikell to talk about God and share the unconditional love that this community is all about. The cost is $100. Please let Nancy know if financial help is needed. Register as a candidate here.
- 2/24 Sunday Night Dinner (Service Day) at the English Tea – Tisdale Hall
Funds from ticket sales are donated to Decatur area outreach ministries. Youth (parents also welcome!) will support this ministry by volunteering to be servers, dishwashers, etc. Volunteering from 4-7pm. We ask that everyone wear dark pants or skirts and a white top and comfortable shoes!
- 3/5 Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper- 5:30-7:30pm – hosted by the youth and youth parents
We need a couple of folks to volunteer to cook bacon and sausage Sunday prior so it can just be reheated on Tuesday. We also need youth and adults to help with set up, serving and clean up from 5-8 pm. Please email me your availability.
- 3/6 Ash Wednesday – Services at 7am, Noon, and 7pm
- 3/22-3/24: New Beginnings 41, Camp Mikell (6th- 8th graders)
New Beginnings is a unique weekend designed to address concerns and needs of youth in grades 6-8th. The weekend includes music, talks given by high school team, small groups, skits, and plenty of fellowship. (registration deadline 3/15)
- 4/14 Sunday Night Dinner; Decatur Scavenger Hunt & Labyrinth 5-7pm- Tisdale Hall
- 4/18 Maundy Thursday 7pm service-
Youth will help with the foot washing part of the service.
- 4/19 Good Friday services Noon & 7pm, Children & Youth 4pm
- 4/20 Easter Vigil Service – 8pm
If 12 youth (any 12) are in attendance at all three Triduum services, we will celebrate with an ice cream social in addition to the glory of the resurrection.
- 5/12 Last day of Sunday School
- 5/19 Youth & Children Sunday
Youth and Children will fill all the roles of each service and have an opportunity to find their calling to serve their parish.
Youth Forum, 9:15am Tisdale Hall: As part of Youth Sunday, come hear what the youth have been engaged in over the past year and learn from the youth what it is like being a teenager in 2018. We will have extra donuts and bagels for breakfast.
- 5/19 Last Sunday Night Dinner of the year, 5-7 pm
- 5/30 Ascension – 6pm on the plaza- Stations of the resurrection followed by Holy Eucharist
- 6/16 Trinity Sunday Service at 9:45 am, Picnic following the service
Complete with live music, bounce houses, and lunch. Great day to invite friends. Note there is only one church service at 9:45am this day.
- atlSERVE 2018 | June 23-26 at All Saints’ Atlanta | $150
atlSERVE is our summer missional experience that takes place in June on an annual basis. This week of service teaches our middle schoolers and high schoolers how to better serve our communities and how we can be better disciples of Christ.
Participants live in the youth space of All Saints’ Atlanta. This state-of-the-art youth space has a basketball court, movie screen, pool tables, ping pong tables, kitchen, showers, and ample sleeping space. Register Here.