Decatur-area Emergency Assistance Ministry provides emergency help for local residents to prevent homelessness and hunger. Supported by more than 20 Decatur and Avondale area churches, DEAM provides emergency food, financial aid for utilities and prescriptions, clothing and volunteer support to qualifying residents in the Decatur and Avondale area.
For more information, visit the DEAM Web site (link opens in a new tab).
The DEAM Food Pantry is in greatest need of the following:
- Bar Soap
- Toilet Paper
- Sanitary Supplies
- Small packages of Corn Muffin Mix
- Cans of Evaporated Milk
- Canned Fruit (other than applesauce)
- 1 lb. Packages of White or Yellow Rice
- Pasta Sides Packets or Hamburger Helper
The needs requested change monthly based on the actual need, so be sure to check back each month. For more information or to donate, go to deamdecatur.org
For more information, contact the DEAM office at 404-373-2300.
Find out how to earn dollars for DEAM whenever you use your Kroger card.
The DEAM offices are located on the Holy Trinity Parish campus, to the left of the Sycamore Place (not Sycamore Street, which is around the corner) driveway. Parking is free in the Holy Trinity Parish Parking lot. View a map of the campus here.
Ministry Chair: Grant Knox
DEAM is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Earn Money for DEAM With Your Kroger Rewards Card
- If you do not have an account login associated with your Kroger Rewards card, go to https://www.kroger.com/account/create
- Go to https://www.kroger.com/account/communityrewards/enroll and search for DEAM using the organization number 10566.
- Select “DECATUR-AREA EMERGENCY # 10566”
- Click “Enroll.”