April 15, 2015
L’Arche Atlanta was founded in 2012 and began the vision of a community where people with and without intellectual and developmental disabilities live together like a family. The community has now established itself as a community, a provider agency, and as an active member and participant of the local community. The community is now looking to expand and welcome a 4th core member to share in the life of the community.
L’Arche Atlanta seeks application for placement in the Mead Road home from qualified individuals. Basic qualifications include
• being a COMP Waiver recipient through Medicaid Waiver program,
• availability to move into the Mead Road home this summer,
• a desire to live the mission of L’Arche (see below Identity & Mission statement),
• individual care-support needs that do not exceed what L’Arche is capable of supporting
A committee led by the Executive Director/Community Leader will review all inquiry forms and invite select individuals for further conversation based on the criteria above.
In L’Arche seeks to discern and welcome an individual who will thrive in this community, contribute to its mission to make known the gifts of people with intellectual disabilities, and be a witness and light to society.
If you or anyone you know who might be a good fit for consideration as our next core member, please invite them to apply by submitting the following materials.
- Application materials include:
- L’Arche Atlanta inquiry form (visit www.larcheatlanta.org/content/admissions)
- Written narrative description of individual’s gifts, interests, family history, previous living situations, any exceptional medical or behavioral needs not noted on the inquiry form, and anything else you want us to know.
- Submit the above two documents via email to .
Deadline for application is May 1, 2015
For more information, please send all questions to and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
L’Arche Identity & Mission Statement
We are people, with and without intellectual disabilities, sharing life in communities belonging to an International Federation. Mutual relationships and trust in God are at the heart of our journey together. We celebrate the unique value of every person and recognize our need of one another.
Our Mission is: To make known the gifts of people with developmental disabilities, revealed through mutually transforming relationships; To foster an environment in community that responds to the changing needs of our members, while being faithful to the core values of our founding story; and to engage in our diverse cultures, working together toward a more human society.